Regional Center Accountability

If you request a service from your Regional Center, ANY service and they say no (for any reason) please request a Letter of Denial, explaining those reasons. If you do not receive a denial letter, contact the case manager. If you still do not receive it, PLEASE file an administrative complaint (a “4731 complaint”) and a letter of appeal, if you choose to appeal.

You can use the DDS form or write a signed letter. Here is the form and the instructions.  You send the form to the Director of your RC. If they do not respond, please forward your letter/form to the DDS.

As you can see this is a very simple form. THIS IS NOT the same as a fair hearing. This is to complain about the admin process such as not getting an annual statement of services, letter of denial or a copy of your IFSP/IPP.

Here are the addresses that you need:
Patricia Del Monico, Executive Director
Harbor Regional Center
21231 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, Ca. 90503

Westside Regional Center
Carmine Manicone
5901 Green Valley Circle # 320
Culver City, CA 90230

Dexter Henderson
South Central Los Angeles Regional Center
2500 S. Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90018

Appeals, Complaints & Projects Section
Department of Developmental Services
1600 9th Street, Room 340 (MS 3-9)
Sacramento, CA 95814

Here is a helpful guide to the IFSP process (Called IPP at other RC’s).

Speak Your Mind